At SAB, alcohol abuse is an issue that forms a strong part of our responsibility programmes. We implement plans that look at socio-economic challenges in local communities, including sustainably addressing alcohol abuse in our country. We believe that a collaborative approach is required to effectively address the issues and we’re constantly working towards this.
Six Principles on Alcohol
- Our beer adds to the enjoyment of life
- We are concerned about the harmful effects of irresponsible consumption
- We work with stakeholders to address irresponsible consumption
- Alcohol is meant for enjoyment by adults only; adults must use discretion in determining how much is enough
- Providing accurate and balanced information to consumers is of great importance
- Our employees are expected to maintain high levels of conduct with regards to alcohol consumption
You Decide: the campaign...
Mon Feb 24 2014
More than half of SA’s teens are regular users of alcohol. That’s according to statistics, which... Read More »
Alcohol and the law...
Mon Jan 27 2014
The consequences of irresponsible drinking are well known and can range from physical and emotional harm... Read More »
Getting home safely after...
Wed Jan 8 2014
There are plenty of alternatives to drinking and driving. Here are our best options. Read More »
Underage drinking campaign...
Thu Nov 28 2013
The You Decide campaign, which first launched in February 2012 with interactive roadshows at schools... Read More »
Tue Nov 5 2013
At SAB we take a clear stand when it comes to the consequences of alcohol abuse. Through our You Decide... Read More »